Saturday, June 25, 2011

Taking Perry for a spin

I took Perry out for a ride today. What a fun bike to ride... this is what drop bars should have always been. I'm searching for a track tha takes me down gravel roads and power lines here in Lexington. So far I've had a lot of fun searching but I can't claim success. What did I find today? Swamped out trail immediately after a hard right hand turn at the bottom of a fun downhill. I was hub deep before I stopped. 

I walked about 150 yards in the muck with Perry on my shoulder and was reminded that I haven't drilled drain holes in my Bonty shoes. That's now on my task list since I spent the rest of the ride with a gallon of water in each shoe. 


I finally found civilization and just got some (boring) road miles in. By the way, you may want to track down a Garmin Vista HCx if you don't have a GPS that you like. Garmin 'upgraded' the line so you should be able to find one on sale. The Vista HCx is great as a trip computer, navigator and post ride analysis tool.


This how a drop bar bike should look after a good ride. A little muddy and smiling from ear to ear. 

Just in case you were wondering, this is where NOT to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment